The NarcoCheck® ID-Test® THC vs CBD is a rapid test used to differentiate between Cannabis and CBD. It is used to determine whether a flower or leaf sample is cannabis (marijuana) or CBD. This is why this test is also called typification test.
It works on the principle of the ratio THC/CBD in the plant. When the concentration of THC (the active ingredient of cannabis) is lower than the concentration of CBD, the test turns red-purple, which means that the sample is CBD-type. Conversely, when the THC concentration is the highest, the test turns blue, revealing a cannabis-type sample.
The NarcoCheck® ID-Test® THC vs CBD has been developed and validated using multiple samples of CBD flowers containing less than 0.3% THC and cannabis flowers containing more than 5% THC. These THC levels have all been confirmed in the laboratory by reference techniques (chromatography + mass spectrometry).
Very simple to use, this test is based on a wet chemical reaction.
Introduce into the test a small quantity of the substance to be identified, and the reagents contained in the ampoule change color. Then compare the color of the reagent with the color chart on the front of the operating instructions.
Before the test, the ampoule is completely transparent.
After the test, the result can be interpreted using the following colorimetric chart:
- This test is primarily intended to work with plant samples (cannabis/CBD flowers or leaves), but it can also be used on cannabis/CBD oils or concentrates.
- This test does not work with products derived from cannabis or CBD, such as food preparations, cosmetics etc.
- This test does not detect synthetic cannabinoids such as Spice, K2 and other herbal incense. To be able to identify this type of substance, use the test for the identification of synthetic cannabinoids or the test for the detection of K3 (Pinaca) in cannabis.
- Any result that is not in the color chart should be considered negative for THC and CBD.
Quick and easy to use
Benefits of the ID-Test® THC vs CBD
- 100% legal in any country. It is a simple screening test.
- Safe and easy to use.
- Results in just few seconds.
- Economical and reliable.
- No risk to the environment.
- No acid neutralization required (the ampoule can be thrown away).
In the package of the ID-Test® THC vs CBD
You will find:
- An ampoule containing the chemical identification reagent.
- A sampling spatula.
- A colored multilanguage leaflet.
This test is a professional device used to help identify presumptive drugs or narcotics in the form of powders (fine or agglomerated), crystals, tablets, or some specific plants. It is not designed to test "anything and everything" (food, beverages, biological materials etc.), and particularly everyday products (household, gardening, cosmetics etc.) which contain various chemical compounds that can trigger unexpected reactions, and thus cause false or erroneous results.
Like any rapid test, this test delivers a purely indicative result. To know or confirm with certainty the composition of the sample, it is necessary to analyze it with a reference analytical method such as GC/MS or HPLC-MS/MS. The use of this test must therefore be done with full knowledge of the fact that no rapid screening test can be 100% reliable.
Used by the French Armed Forces
After being evaluated and selected for its high quality and performance, this product has been awarded the official label for equipment used by the French Army, Navy and/or Air Force.
Fast and Easy
The ID-Tests are available in 2 different packagings:
One test is packaged individually, with its instructions for use.
10 tests are packaged in the same box with instructions. Even more economical!