About this test
The NarcoCheck® ID-Test® Cannabis is used for the identification of THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol), the active ingredient in cannabis. It works whatever the form of cannabis, ie on samples of hashish, weed (marijuana) or oil.
Very simple to use, this test is based on a wet chemical reaction.
Simply introduce a small amount of the substance to be identified into the test. The reagent in the ampoule will change color. Then compare the color obtained with the colorimetric chart in the instructions for use.
Before the test, the ampoule is completely transparent.
After the test, the result can be interpreted using the following colorimetric chart:
- This test detects cannabis in all its natural forms: leaf (grass, marijuana), resin (hashish) and oil.
- This test will give a positive result on a majority of CBD flower samples, as they always contain THC, even in very small quantities. However, you can differentiate them using the Cannabis vs CBD (differentiation, typification) test.
- This test does not react to contact with pastries (space cake, happy muffin, etc.) and other cannabis-based food preparations.
- This test does not react in the presence of synthetic cannabinoids (synthetic cannabis). In order to be able to identify this type of substance, use the synthetic cannabinoids identification test..
- Any result whose color does not appear in the colorimetric chart must be considered negative.
Quick and easy to use
How to choose between chemical and immunological identification tests?
(the product on this page)
If your need is simply to formally identify a sample of cannabis (marijuana or hashish), then the chemical cannabis identification tests (on this page) are perfectly suited to this purpose. They also have the advantage of being cheaper, quicker and a little simpler to perform than immunological tests.
If your need is for the detection of THC molecules in more or less refined products (laboratory reagents, raw materials, extractions, etc.), or in products that are not supposed to contain THC, then you're better off with THC immunoassays, as they are more sensitive than chemical tests, i.e. they can detect the presence of a much smaller quantity of THC (of the order of ten nanograms, or 0.00000001 grams). Furthermore, immunological tests are the only ones that can detect invisible micro-traces or particles of THC on surfaces or everyday objects.
The benefits of the ID-Test® Cannabis
- 100% legal in any country. It is a simple screening test.
- Safe and easy to use.
- Results in just few seconds.
- Economical and reliable.
- No risk to the environment.
- No acid neutralization required (the ampoule can be thrown away).
In the package of the ID-Test® Cannabis
You will find:
- An ampoule containing the chemical identification reagent.
- A sampling spatula.
- A colored multilanguage leaflet.
This test is a professional device used to help identify presumptive drugs or narcotics in the form of powders (fine or agglomerated), crystals, tablets, or some specific plants. It is not designed to test "anything and everything" (food, beverages, biological materials etc.), and particularly everyday products (household, gardening, cosmetics etc.) which contain various chemical compounds that can trigger unexpected reactions, and thus cause false or erroneous results.
Like any rapid test, this test delivers a purely indicative result. To know or confirm with certainty the composition of the sample, it is necessary to analyze it with a reference analytical method such as GC/MS or HPLC-MS/MS. The use of this test must therefore be done with full knowledge of the fact that no rapid screening test can be 100% reliable.