About this test
The NarcoCheck® ID-Test® Synthetic cannabinoids K2 is used for the identification of presumptive synthetic cannabinoids. They also go by common names like Spice or K2.
Very simple to use, this test is based on a wet chemical reaction.
Introduce into the test a small quantity of the substance to be identified, and the ampoule changes color. Then compare the color of the ampoule with the color chart on the front of the operating instructions.
Before the test, the ampoule the ampoule contains a yellow liquid.
After the test, the result can be interpreted using the following colorimetric chart:
When using this test with plant samples, you must follow exactly the hereunder procedure:
- You must crush/grind your sample before testing it. Small pieces of material will give a more homogeneous result than bigger ones.
- You must put a small quantity of sample in the ampoule, approximatively 1/4 of the provided spatula.
- Then, you must shake the ampoule twice (quick shake from right to left) and no more than twice.
- Compare the color with the chart immediately after shaking it.
If you shake the ampoule more than twice or do not interpret the test immediately after shaking the ampoule, the test will become invalid, that is, completely dark brown to black.
It is normal to see the top layer of liquid in the ampoule turn to a dark brown color.
You have to look at the color of the bottom layer (at the very bottom of the ampoule).
- There are several families of synthetic cannabinoids, especially K2 and K3.
This test is designed for K2 (synthetic cannabinoids of type JWH, AM, CP...).
To detect K3 type molecules (especially in plant samples) you must use the test for the detection of K3 synthetic cannabinoids (Pinaca, Binaca...) used as cutting products of cannabis.
- This test does not identify cannabis (Hashish and Marijuana). To identify cannabis samples, use the NarcoCheck® ID-Test® Cannabis, which detects THC molecules.
- When using this test, remember that the colors of the chart have been defined with synthetic cannabinoids in powder/crystals form (laboratory grade). Other organic or synthetic compounds in the sample may influence a bit the coloration.
- If the test gives a color not referenced in the color chart, it does not mean that the sample contains no synthetic cannabinoid. It can indeed be an unknown or unreferenced cannabinoid product, or a combination of several of them, which can influence the final color of the test.
Quick and easy to use
The benefits of the ID-Test® K2 Synthetic cannabinoids
- 100% legal in any country. It is a simple screening test.
- Safe and easy to use.
- Results in just few seconds.
- Economical and reliable.
- No risk to the environment.
- No acid neutralization required (the ampoule can be thrown away).
In the package of the ID-Test® K2 Synthetic cannabinoids
You will find:
- An ampoule containing the chemical identification reagent.
- A sampling spatula.
- A colored multilanguage leaflet.
This test is a professional device used to help identify presumptive drugs or narcotics in the form of powders (fine or agglomerated), crystals, tablets, or some specific plants. It is not designed to test "anything and everything" (food, beverages, biological materials etc.), and particularly everyday products (household, gardening, cosmetics etc.) which contain various chemical compounds that can trigger unexpected reactions, and thus cause false or erroneous results.
Like any rapid test, this test delivers a purely indicative result. To know or confirm with certainty the composition of the sample, it is necessary to analyze it with a reference analytical method such as GC/MS or HPLC-MS/MS. The use of this test must therefore be done with full knowledge of the fact that no rapid screening test can be 100% reliable.
Fast and Easy
The ID-Tests are available in 2 different packagings:
One test is packaged individually, with its instructions for use.
10 tests are packaged in the same box with instructions. Even more economical!