About this test
The NarcoCheck® ID-Test® Fresh Khat is used to identify the plant of the same name. Khat (or kat, qat, ghat, cat etc) is a plant originating in Ethiopia, which is also found in other countries such as Yemen, Djibouti or Somalia. It is generally masticated. Fresh Khat is popular with consumers, as the effects of this herb are reduced when it becomes dry.
Very simple to use, this test is based on a wet chemical reaction.
Introduce into the test a small quantity of the substance to be identified, and the granules contained in the ampoule change color. Then compare the color of the granules with the color chart on the instructions leaflet.
Before the test, the ampoule is completely transparent.
After the test, the result can be interpreted using the following colorimetric chart:
- The colors of the colorimetric chart were defined using laboratory chemical standards.
- Any result whose color does not appear in the colorimetric chart must be considered negative.
Quick and easy to use
The benefits of the ID-Test® Fresh Khat
- 100% legal in any country. It is a simple screening test.
- Safe and easy to use.
- Results in just few seconds.
- Economical and reliable.
- No risk to the environment.
- No acid neutralization required (the ampoule can be thrown away).
In the package of the ID-Test® Fresh Khat
You will find:
- An ampoule containing the chemical identification reagent.
- A sampling spatula.
- A colored multilanguage leaflet.
This test is a professional device used to help identify presumptive drugs or narcotics in the form of powders (fine or agglomerated), crystals, tablets, or some specific plants. It is not designed to test "anything and everything" (food, beverages, biological materials etc.), and particularly everyday products (household, gardening, cosmetics etc.) which contain various chemical compounds that can trigger unexpected reactions, and thus cause false or erroneous results.
Like any rapid test, this test delivers a purely indicative result. To know or confirm with certainty the composition of the sample, it is necessary to analyze it with a reference analytical method such as GC/MS or HPLC-MS/MS. The use of this test must therefore be done with full knowledge of the fact that no rapid screening test can be 100% reliable.