NarcoCheck® Saliva test to detect cocaine consumption.
Less invasive than a urine tests, easier to use, faster and without any manipulation!
What does this test detect?
This saliva test detects benzoylecgonine, i.e. cocaine once it has been transformed by the body. This is what they call a metabolite.
What exactly is showing this test?
Benzoylecgonine is today recognized as the main biological marker of cocaine use.
A positive result in this test means an active consumption.
This test will therefore tell whether or not the person tested has consumed cocaine or crack in the last 24 to 72 hours.
The benefits of saliva tests:
- They are very simple to use and minimally invasive.
- They can be used anywhere, at any time.
No need for bathroom or special amenities.
Saliva is immediately accessible.
- They can be used to detect drug consumption immediately after taking, long before traces of drugs can appear in the urine, and last for several hours.
- They are done in front of you, which makes them very difficult to falsify or adulterate. Salivary tests reduce the potential for cheating.
The principle is simple:
1 The donnor must put the absorbant tab in his/her mounth and salivate on it for a few seconds.
That's it ! Nothing more.
The test will then start automatically.
2 Read the results after 10 minutes.
Two letters are written on the white cassette:
- C = control line; It must always be present otherwise the test is invalid.
- T = test line for cocaine.
When 2 red lines appear,
When only 1 line appears,
To screen for cocaine consumption, it is possible to use urine tests or saliva tests.
The difference lies largely in the ease of use. The saliva test is considered less invasive than the urine test. The saliva test does not require any special convenience (toilet) and is done in front of you. It is therefore virtually forgery-proof.
Technically, the saliva test is much more sensitive and complex to manufacture, because traces of cocaine are less abundant in the saliva than in the urine. The saliva test is therefore a little more expensive to purchase.